1. Privacy Statement
PSG Security Group (ABN: 78 637 899 588) and its related bodies (PSG, we, our, us) respect the importance of protecting your privacy. We comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (Privacy Act), including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as well as the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code 2014 (CR Code).
2) Our functions and activities
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information so that we can perform our functions and activities and provide best possible customer service. Our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information will depend on our relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of products and service you request from us. We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and administer our products and services;
- To respond to your submissions and enquiries about our products and services;
- To provide customer support, including conducting, investigating and responding to enquiries, surveys, feedback, comments and complaints;
- To distribute our newsletters and other communications either alone or with the assistance of service providers on information about us, our conferences, training and events;
- To plan, market, host and facilitate our conferences, training sessions and events;
- To inform and conduct marketing activities including to promote our products and services;
- To conduct research about your interests and attitudes towards our products and services to improve our products and services, marketing activities and customer experience;
- To assess the performance of our websites and improve the operation of the websites;
- To perform data analyses and generate customer insights which may include combining personal information received from reputable data sources and public sources of information;
- To manage and carry out our business and operational functions, including HR management and business decisions;
- To maintain records and comply with our legal obligations.
3) Information we collect
Personal information is any information about you, from which you can be identified. We may collect your name, address, postcode, email address, date of birth, gender, employment, telephone number, bank details, payment details and proof of identity such as your driver licence or passport number. We may collect additional personal information from you from time to time.
We generally do not collect sensitive information about you, unless you provide it to us voluntarily. For example, when you interact with one of our security personnel or management, you may provide sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health information, religious or philosophical beliefs or political opinion and membership or affiliation information. You consent to us collecting sensitive information which you provide to us voluntarily. If we need to collect any sensitive information for a specific purpose, we will ask for your consent.
If you are an employee or prospective employee, we may need to collect sensitive information about you and you consent to us collecting this information. For example, personnel records may include sensitive information such as place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, criminal record, tax file number, disabilities and relationship information. Recruitment records may include employment history and experience, referees and other employment related information.
You don’t have to give us all the information we request. However, if you do not provide us with some or all of the personal information required, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services or information you request, to the requested standard or at all, and you may also miss out on receiving valuable information about us and our products and services.
4) How we collect information
Where we can, we will collect information directly from you. We collect personal information when you:
- Request us to provide our products and services or information about our products and services;
- Contact us to make an enquiry about our products and services, including online, over the phone or in person;
- Subscribe to communications from us such as updates, publications or newsletters;
- Tell us about your preferences when making an enquiry or using our products and services;
- Contact us to provide feedback, comments or suggestions on our functions and activities or complete one of our surveys;
- Interact or engage with us through our websites or social media platforms;
- Register, attend or present at one of our conferences, training sessions and events;
- Attend our offices, including via manual sign-in and security surveillance of our offices;
- Apply for a job with us or become an employee, or become a supplier or contractor that provide a product or service to PSG Security Group;
- Otherwise interact with us or disclose your personal information to us.
As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we may collect information about you from other people or organisations. We may combine this information with information we already have about you to help us understand trends, attributes, behaviour and preferences. Where we receive information about you indirectly from service providers, we require that the service provider has collected and disclosed that information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
PSG Security Group may collect information about you from:
- Reputable data sources and publicly available sources of information;
- Your representatives (lawyers, mortgage broker, accountants and financial advisors);
- Service Providers that provide marketing leads, marketing and data analysis services to us;
- Service Providers that conduct our surveys for us;
- Speaker management companies if you present at one of our conferences, training sessions or events;
- If you are a prospective employee, your nominated referee, law enforcement agencies for police checks or intermediaries such as recruitment agents and personnel providers.
5) Cookies and how we use them
PSG Security Group may use and combine this information to maintain, secure and improve our websites, enhance your experience when using our websites, display and deliver relevant content, services and advertising and understand the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising (including direct marketing and online ads on external websites).
If you want to prevent cookies being used, you can change your browser settings to disable cookies. However, this might mean that your access to parts of our website is limited, or you may experience reduced functionality when accessing certain website functions.
6) Disclosure of personal information
PSG Security Group may disclose your personal information within the PSG Security group including to our officers, employees, clients and contractors.
We may disclose your personal information and credit-related information as part of our functions and activities, including:
- To your authorised representatives (lawyers, mortgage brokers, accountants and financial advisors);
- To regulatory bodies, government agencies and law enforcement bodies in any jurisdiction;
- To the relevant government agency for verification of attendance at conferences and training sessions for continuing professional development requirements;
- To debt collectors and utility companies;
- To our suppliers and service providers that provide products and services to assist us to perform our functions and activities such as marketing, events, recruitment and HR;
- Our staff who need the information to discharge their duties
- related entities within our corporate group
- payment system operators and financial institutions
- Prospective purchasers of all or part of our business or shares in our company or a related entity; and
- When we may be required by law from time to time.
PSG Security Group collects information from various on-line platforms and services, such as Facebook and Google. Users of these platforms and services may elect to send information to PSG Security Group from the platform. PSG Security Group uses this information strictly in accordance with the terms imposed by that platform; this Policy; and the purposes for which the information was collected.
PSG Security Group never sells or monetises your personal information.
Some of the service providers we disclose your personal information to may have servers located overseas in various countries, including USA, Europe, Japan and Philippines.
7) Direct Marketing
PSG Security Group may, from time to time, send direct marketing communications to you about us and our products and services, and other material that we consider you would find interesting or useful. If you do not wish to receive such direct marketing communications, you can always opt out. If you are receiving email communications from us, there will be a mechanism to opt out contained in each of those emails. To stop receiving other communications from us, you can contact us via any of the channels listed below.
If you choose to opt out of all direct marketing communications, please note that PSG Security Group may still contact you for other reasonable purposes, including information that PSG Security Group is legally required to send, notifications of changes to PSG Security Group products and services or policies and information regarding the use, rights, benefits or obligations of customers of our products and services.
8) How we hold information and keep it secure
PSG Security Group holds your personal information both electronically, on our own servers and those of our service providers, and in hard copy at our secured offices.
PSG Security Group takes the security of your personal information seriously and we implement a range of technical, administrative, personnel and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, interference and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, and misuse, including using electronic and physical access restrictions to files containing personal information and ensuring encryption of personal information sent and received.
9) Access and correction of information about you
It is important to us that the information we hold about you is up-to-date, accurate and complete, and we will try to confirm your details through our communications with you and promptly add updated or new personal information to existing records when we are advised. If any of your details change, please notify us as soon as you can. If you believe we are holding information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, you can ask us to correct it, or delete it altogether.
If you would like to access your personal information, or ask us to update, correct or delete it, you can do so by contacting us in writing and verifying your identity. We will do our best to respond to your request within 30 days.
We will only refuse access in exceptional circumstances, and if this is the case, we will advise you of our reasons for doing so.
We may charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
10) Privacy complaints and further information
We take your complaints seriously and will attempt to resolve your issue quickly and fairly.
If you believe that PSG Security Group has breached the APPs, or you have a complaint about how we handle your personal information:
- You may make a complaint addressed to the PSG Security Privacy Officer. The complaint must identify you and be in writing.
- The PSG Security Privacy Officer will investigate your complaint and will endeavour to provide a response setting out PSG Security Group’s decision in writing within 30 days of receipt of your complaint.
- If PSG Security Group is unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on their website www.oaic.gov.au.
11) Our contact details
|Telephone:||1300 000 774|
|Post:||The Privacy Officer|
PSG Security Group
Level 22, 520 Oxford Street
Bondi Junction NSW 2022